There's a little 3-year-old girl in our ward that has recently been diagonsed with stage 4 neuroblastoma cancer. The Relief Society President found out that Matt painted and asked if he could paint some princesses on her wall. He went above and beyond and painted four life-size princesses on her walls. They look even better in person. The most amazing part was that Home Depot donated all the paints and brushes, nearly $150 worth of product. It was a great experience for us and I'm so thankful to have such a giving, talented and humble husband.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
WOW!! Way to go Matt!! Those are incredible and what a great thing to do!
Those are AMAZING! They look like wall stickers. I was telling josh how awesome matt can paint and stuff.
Those are SO GOOD!! I had no idea about Matt's talent (not that i've really known you guys for THAT long!) :)
They look so professional and I am sure Emma LOVES having them in her room. Way to brighten up a little girl's life!
WOW - Those really look like the real Disney drawings!! That is so awesome!! Kerie and Emma came over to visit us on Monday and Emma couldn't stop talking about them to Brigham! It was really cute! :)
WOW!!!! that is so awesome matt!!! they look incredible!! i will hire you to paint Evie's room when we buy a house someday :)
Seriously Matt! Is there anything creative or artistic that you CAN'T do? They look so good, at first glance I thought they were vinyl stickers! You are just a family of creative talent--from making incredible jewlery to playing the harmonica!
So talented, I can hardly stand it. How beautiful!
What a nice thing to do for that little girl.
Corrine! It's Julianne Weaver from the Wymount ward, your old VTer! Whoohoo, I'm so glad you found our bloggie! Thanks for saying hi. I've been telling my sister Amy and her husband Ray that they needed to find you guys and say hello when they got there. I'm glad they did.
Your baby girl is just so pretty. She has such pretty eyes, and that video of her finding her belly button was hilarious! They're so much fun, eh? We're having alot of fun with our baby Sam boy.
Oh - and those paintings Matt did look sooo great. That is really so neat.
Can I add your blog to my list of people I like to stalk? Feel free to visit our blog anytime!
Wow Matt! I am so jealous of your multi-talentedness!! Piano, soccer, and now painting!?! Can you please leave some talents for us low-lifers? :) I love the paintings... and I'm sure Emma loved them even more.
Post a Comment