Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Birthdays 2 & 4

So I just realized that I never posted photos of the kids on their birthdays. Here they are.
There's a reason I don't decorate cakes professionally....but I got a smile out of my sweet baby girl, so I'm satisfied.
Jana, we missed your balloon-tying talents, so we attempted our own. Again, it's a good thing she's an innocent little four-year-old and was easily pleased. :) She wanted a BIG crown, so that's what she got.
An "ouch-free" hairbrush, a princess story book, a Barbie movie and a Dr. Seuss? What could make her happier?
Obviously I got a little burned out on the princess cake. Ha. Or maybe my two-year-old boy was happy with a donut and I wanted a simple day.

Hailey helped me sew Levi's cape, and she was so excited to give it to him! Levi was equally delighted. He hardly held still long enough to get it on before he ran around the room, arms extended, yelling "I flying, I flying."
Hot-wheels from G'pa & G'ma Stevens were a big hit! (And yes, Hailey chose her own outfit...well, that was probably her fourth for the day...Most days she matches a little better).
"Things that go" book from G'ma & G'pa Butler....Levi is one of those things that goes, hence the blurry photo. :)

5 comments:

Nikky and Zach said...

Cute kids! I made Declan this huge cake for his birthday and he took one bite so I should have done the donut thing too! haha. Hope everything is going well for y'all.

Jana said...

Oh how I miss you guys! I love Hailey's cake, good job! And her hair is soooo long, wow! Addie is jealous, she wants her hair like Rapunzel so badly.

It's hard to believe Levi is already TWO! In my head he's still a baby.

Jana said...

I just showed your blog to Addie and she said, "It's Hailey! I wasn't at her birthday party!" And then I pointed out Levi and said, "That's Hailey's brother." And Addie exclaimed, "He growed up!!" :)

Amber said...

Wow, they turned out so cute!! I sure miss you guys!! Love you!

Hinkson Family said...

Um, I guess we have lost track of eachother. You are pregnant and living in Germany! Awesome! Email me and let's catch up! juliehinkson@hotmail.com