
Tuesday, July 28th was Haliey's second birthday! It was such a fun day. The best part is that Matt's schedule worked out for him to be able to be around for all the festivities. We were so happy. Matt got her out of bed and said "Happy Birthday" to her as he walked in. She walked around saying it to me and herself all day.
The day started out at our local grocery store. Hailey LOVES to "drive" while we shop. I knew it'd be a special treat so I waited until her birthday morning to take her to buy her confetti cake mix. We even got her a balloon from the flower dept.
That afternoon after her nap we had a few little friends over for a party. We did all sorts of fun 2-yr-old activities. We blew bubbles in the backyard....
Had an amazing dance and played with balloons.....
And of course, played ring-around-the-rosies a few times.
We ate cupcakes and ice cream bars. Hailey knew exactly what to do with her candle, and she even waited until we finished singing to her. It was pretty cute to hear her as she sang the song over and over later in the evening. So sweet.
We finished with opening presents. She got some wonderful gifts!
Probably her favorite gift was her $1 "Mater" chair. We found it at a yard sale and she was so excited about it. I put it away during her nap the day we brought it home and when she asked for it after her nap I just told her that Mater went bye bye. She accepted the answer. It was so fun to see her squeal and giggle while saying, "Mater, Mater, Mater." It was so fun to watch her animated reaction to each of her presents.
After her friends left Matt and I took her for a little birthday outing. We took her to ride the carousel (again she squealed and started running when she saw it in the distance).
Every time they went around she waved at me with a huge grin on her face.
After her ride we took her to look at the toys at the Disney store. Next, we took her to Wendy's for chicken nuggets and fries - she was most excited about the dips that came with them. I wasn't sure if she was going to eat the food, but she ate it pretty well.
Lastly, we took her to the Build-a-Bear Workshop. I've wanted to take her since she was born and told myself I had to wait until her second birthday at least. She had so much fun and loves her new bear "Lizzie." She carried her box all through the mall and back to the car by herself. It has been a wonderful two years and we can't imagine life without our Hailey girl. I never knew I could love a little person as much as I love her.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Hailey! Sorry we missed it. I can't believe she is 2! What a fun memorable time you guys had. YOu are special parents and have a wonderful, beautiful, special family. We love you!
Post a Comment